This lesson covers basic text and hyperlink markup.
- Check Learning Journals
- Familiarize students with Git Hub and downloading starter assets
- Pre-teach vocab (link / hyperlink / navigation menu)
- Read HTML text fundamentals and take Outline Notes
- Download the text basics starter code
- Part 1: Add heading and paragraph elements
- Part 2: Add list elements
- Part 3: Add inline elements to the heading and other places in the paragraph (your choice).
- Show me your web page!*
- Read Creating hyperlinks and take Outline Notes
- Download the starter code and follow the instructions for Active learning: creating a navigation menu
- Read all the directions and ask questions
- Download the code to begin
- Use VS Code and complete the tasks outlined in the Active Learning assignment
- Show me your web site!*
Students who complete these assignments and units quickly should revisit the summer story in lesson 01. Apply new text markup techniques learning in this lesson to that document. Include hyperlinks to Wikipedia articles where appropriate.